FinTech Association of Nigeria (FintechNGR) is a self-regulatory, not-for-profit and non-political organisation incorporated in Nigeria by the Corporate Affairs Commission CAC and a member of the global body Global Fintech Hubs Federation.
The Association was established to serve as a platform for the development of the financial technology (“Fintech”) industry in Nigeria and to be a forum for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of information by and between various stakeholders in the Nigerian financial technology services industry.
Since inception, the Association has consistently been interfacing with the regulators such as Central Bank of Nigeria, Security Exchange Commission, National Insurance Commission, and the government at all levels with a view to developing the Fintech ecosystem.
To make Nigeria one of the world’s leading markets for finTech Innovation and Investment.
To foster an ecosystem that supports all stakeholders to achieve a thriving and growing Nigerian FinTech industry
The Association’s specific objectives include but not limited to:
- Collaboration: to facilitate industry collaboration between all participants and stakeholders in the Nigeria Fintech industry
- Acceleration: to accelerate the development and promotion of Fintech companies operating in Nigeria by, among others, working with the regulators to implement beneficial legislations and or regulations;
- Policy Reformation: to serve as a forum for the reform of laws and policies applicable to the Nigerian Fintech industry;
- Innovation: to act as the voice of Fintech innovations and develop lasting solutions to any issues/problems facing stakeholders in the Nigerian Fintech industry;
- Knowledge Events: to educate and provide awareness about Fintech in Nigeria through the organisation of conferences and seminars
- Networking: to represent the interests of the Nigerian Fintech industry and provide a unified forum for collaboration with regional as well as international Fintech organizations
- Advocacy: to promote the adoption of best practices, foster innovation, and encourage healthy competition within the Nigerian Fintech industry.