We write to inform the general public and all stakeholders in the financial technology space in Nigeria of the formation of an association called FinTech Association of Nigeria (FTAN) which has been duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja.
At the inaugural meeting of the foundation members held in Lagos on June 01, 2017, the following members were elected as members of an Interim Governing Council (GovCo) to steer the ship of formation. These Council members are representing their organisations as membership of the Association is presently based on corporate members’ only.
- Segun AINA (Fintech Associates) – President/ Chairman , GovCo.
- Bunmi LAWSON (Accion Microfinance) – Vice-President
- Isa ALADE (Banwo & Ighodalo) – Secretary
- Tunde KUPONIYI (Ecobank Nigeria) – Treasurer
- Olufemi AWOYEMI (Proshare) – Member
- Wole OYENIRAN (Deloitte Nigeria) – Member
- John OBARO (SystemSpecs) – Member
- Olayinka David -West (Lagos Business Schl) – Member
- Tunji ELESO (Co-Creation Hub) – Member
Cross section of representatives of Founding Members of the Association at the Inaugural Meeting held on June 1st 2017.
Subsequently, the GovCo had its first meeting on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 and set up six (6) Committees as Working Groups to see to the smooth take-off of the Association. These are;
- Membership & Funding
- Strategy & Plans
- Admin & Technology
- Media, Advocacy, Brand & Communications
- Events & Programmes
- Research & Market Trends
The Interim GovCo and the Working Groups will midwife the Association until its first Annual General Meeting expected to hold in January 2018 when substantive officers are to be elected into positions.
As part its initial steps, the Association has made approaches to SEC, NAICOM, CBN on its intent and purposes through the Chairman of the interim GovCo.
Once again, membership is open only to corporate organizations, not individuals.